Nothing says glamour like defined, effortless waves. Whether you’re looking to update your professional kit with a new curling wand or you are simply looking for some helpful recommendations on which are the best curling wands to buy, here at Salons Direct, we have you covered as we take a look at the top 5 curling wands to achieve a stunning glamour wave.
What To Consider When Choosing A Curling Wand
Curling wands differ from traditional curling irons as they don’t feature a clamp; instead, your client’s hair is wrapped around the barrel of the curling wand and held in place with your hand that you can cover with a thermal glove. The absence of a clamp is ideal for achieving a smoothened curl without adding any additional crimp marks.
There are many curling wands available to buy, and they all come with different barrel shapes and sizes to help you create endless styles of curl or wave, depending on what your clients are looking for.
- If your client is looking for tight curls, then a smaller barreled 6mm-20mm chopstick curler is a great choice.
- For soft, medium size, uniform curls, we recommend a 20mm-32mm barrelled curling wand.
- 32mm+ barrels offer a more expansive, softer curl and create subtle movement throughout the hair, such as a flick or volume at the root.
What are the different kinds of curling wand barrels?
- Bubble barrel curling wands: Curling wands with this type of barrel are ideal for creating relaxed waves.
- Straight barrelled curling wands: This kind of barrel is ideal for creating classic curls that are uniform in size from root to tip.
- Tapered barrel curling wands: These curling wants are perfect for creating a tighter curl at the root and looser on the ends.
The Best Curling Wands 2021
- Babyliss PRO Ceramic Dial-a-Heat Tongs 24mm
- ghd Classic Curve Wave Wand
- ghd Curve Creative Curl Wand
- Elchim Dress Code Curling Iron 25mm
- Wahl Curling Tong 19mm
Available in three different barrel sizes, the Babyliss PRO Ceramic Dial-a-Heat Tongs are the perfect tool for any professional stylist. The quick and even heat-up mechanism features 25 different temperature settings spanning 100°C-210°C so you have full control of the temperature level you are working with.
- Built-in spring lever safety stand.
- Salon length 2.7m swivel cord.
- Stay cool, safety tip.
Create beautiful, defined waves and curls in just 5-8 seconds with the ghd Classic Curve Wave Wand. Loved by many professional hair stylists, this pro-level curling wand helps you to create a range of glamorous looks with ease.
- 38mm – 26mm oval-shaped barrel.
- Protective cool tip provides you with a safe place to hold the hair in place while you curl.
- A built-in safety stand allows you to place the tong down securely during styling.
- A heatproof glove is provided to avoid any accidents.
- Professional-length cord to allow for flexible styling.
- Automatic sleep mode after 30 minutes without use.
Add the ghd Curve Creative Curl Wand to your professional styling kit to create beautiful curled styles on all your client’s, whatever their hair type or texture.
- Ultra-zone technology allows consistent curls in just 5-8 seconds
- Creative curl wand has a 28mm – 23mm tapered barrel
- Protective cool tip
- Built-in safety stand
- A handy heatproof glove is provided to avoid any accidents
- Professional-length cord to allow for flexible styling
- Automatic sleep mode after 30 minutes without use
- Universal voltage
The Elchim Dress Code Professional Curling Iron allows you to create soft waves and elegant curls, all thanks to the intuitive electronic temperature control and the floating ceramic-titanium oxide plates that carefully produce negative ions and far-infrared heat.
- Variable heat settings – 80°C – 210°C.
- Sophisticated electronics with LCD to reach the selected temperature in a few seconds and maintain it constantly.
- Ceramic and titanium oxide coating for healthy hair and to improve heat transmission.
- 360 swivel cord.
- Available in: 19mm, 25mm & 32mm.
- 14-day money-back guarantee.
Available in 5 barrel sizes ranging from 13mm to 32mm, the Wahl Curling Tong achieves a maximum temperature of 200°C to help minimise the risk of heat damage to your client’s hair. The Wahl curling tong is an excellent option for anyone on a tight budget that doesn’t want to compromise on quality.
- Ceramic coating that locks in moisture directly into the cuticle to make hair look shiny.
Time for more from the Salons Direct blog?