Get into forward fashion colour
Younger clients are at the gateway to a life of colour in your salon chair. They look to you as a fashion guide and expert to create colour that expresses their point of view, their musical alliances or creative influencers.
They want their individual colour to be notices and admired but it could be that from one to the next they want a completely different look.
Fashion savvy young clients, may be reluctant to colour for the price and maintenance purposes but would jump at the chance of a fashion forward, low commitment look. And that’s where your expertise in consulting comes in – guiding clients in their first steps into colour.
Make your salon the go-to place for colour and style consultation and she’ll come back more and more often to get the latest on-trend look.
Why a colourist / salon needs to capture young clients…
1. Less than 10% of 18-25 clients colour.
2. They consider hair as a fashion accessory and would consider colouring if they could get a low-commitment maintenance look.
3. Fashion colour trends will continue. Drive loyalty with your young client for the future.
The different aspirations for your clients…
1. Expressive. She is a fashion addict and wants to show it to the world. She would consider colouring to get the new expressive ‘IT GIRL’ look that makes her stand out from the crowd.
2. She likes subtle looks and wants to give her hair colour a natural twist to express her personality.
Found this useful? Click here to access more how-to guides from Wella Professionals
Shop all Wella hair colour, care and styling online at: www.salonsdirect.com