As a mobile hairdresser, when you take your business on the move every day, you must be selective about the products and tools that come with you. Your hairdressing kit must be functional, easy to pack, and well-edited. Here, we’ll share our top freelancer essentials that every mobile hairdresser needs in their kit, covering hair colour, brushes and combs, electricals, and more. Keep on reading to find a new favourite.
The best hair products to help speed up your colour service
When you take your business on the road, you’ll need salon-quality products that will save time on mixing, applying, and processing. Using products designed to process with speed, you may fit more clients into your day.
XPress Color offers a speedy 10 min application and a 10 min processing window. Your colour work will become faster, more efficient, and more affordable! Perfect for mobile hairdressers on the go, thanks to their ability to save you time, the Indola XPress Color range features 14 stunning shades to choose from.
The Pulp Riot High-Speed toners are a bestseller here at Salons Direct. Providing a matte finish, these innovative toners get to work in just 5 minutes! They also deliver conditioning shine and moisture whilst being completely vegan and cruelty-free.
Take your favourite OLAPLEX products on the go with the dedicated OLAPLEX Travelling Stylist Kit. The kit consists of a 3 step process that prevents hair breakage and damage. Ideal for pre and post-bleached hair to protect the hair during chemical services and helps to lift blondes to a lighter level without damage.
- 1 x Olaplex No.1 Bond Multiplier 100ml.
- 2 x Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector 100ml.
- 1 x Measuring Funnel.
- 1 x Instructions.
Introducing: OLAPLEX Single-Use Professional System (Coming Soon)
Off the back of the OLAPLEX Traveling Stylist kit, we have a new product which has only just hit the market recently. The OLAPLEX Single Use Stand Alone System is Steps 1 & 2 of the revolutionary bond building service. OLAPLEX has brought out this convenient size single use system to benefit freelancers and mobile hairdressers in being able to maximise profits without lugging around huge bottles to each appointment.
The best mobile hairdressing tools to take with you on the go
Discover some of our tried and tested favourites, perfect for mobile stylists. Our picks include the most lightweight hairdryer and the most practical tool belt to wear.
The Procare Premium Disposable Towels are 100% biodegradable and super absorbent. Ideal for stowing in your kit, they are lightweight and space-saving, saving you time and money on your salon consumables.
The GA.MA i.Q Perfetto Hairdryer Rose Gold is the most lightweight hairdryer in the world, weighing only 294g and outputting a powerful 2000w! Ideal for stylists on the go, this hairdryer is designed to prevent muscle damage to arms and shoulders resulting from extended use at a professional level.
- It is equipped with an intelligent brushless motor.
- Features an interface with digital control technology that increases the product’s performance.
- Supplied with Oxy Active technology, it acts as a powerful antibacterial.
- Its innovative micro-filter prevents dirt particles from entering the motor and extends its life cycle.
- Auto-Clean technology rotates the motor turbine in the opposite direction, allowing deep cleaning of the filter by expelling any particles left on the filter.
- Venturi Effect multiplies the airflow delivered by the motor without using extra power.
- Memory Function technology allows memorizing the speed and the temperature among the 12 available configurations, all easily managed thanks to the digital interface.
- The 3-meter cable facilitates the work of professional styling.
The Hipster Tool Belt is a stylist tool belt that is made from a black luxury PU faux leather belt that is waterproof, durable, soft, and easy to clean. Perfect for mobile stylists that are limited on space and need their tools within close reach.
- Features a variety of pockets designed to fit styling equipment.
- Sits on the waist or hips comfortably.
- It can be adjusted to fit any size.
You may also enjoy: Framar Colouring Tools You Need In Your Hairdressing Kit
The hur.iron Slant Hair Straightener features the new 30° slanted plates, which makes styling your client’s hair effortless and simple. Each hur. Iron boasts floating, mineral-infused ceramic plates that seal the hair’s cuticle and lock in moisture, leaving your clients with smoother and shinier hair.
- Floating, mineral-infused ceramic plates.
- Exterior, variable temperature control.
- 360° swivel cord and a stylist hook.
- Sleep mode after 30 minutes of no use.
Did you know?
Your purchase with hur. supports their partner Paperworks to offer training and support to young adults with learning, physical and mental health-related disabilities. This includes basic work skills, as well as other more specific skills vital in the workplace.
Learn more in our guide Everything you need to know about Hur.hair
Write and wipe your colour formulas on this handy tint bowl from Prism. The excess tint lip removes the colour from an overloaded brush, and an anti-slip rubber base prevents the bowl from sliding around.
- Write, Record, Wipe memory wipe lets you record your colours.
- Nestles together to save space when using multiple colours.
- Stack neatly for storage.
One handle. Multi barrels. Perfect for hairdressers on the move! The brush gives you options! Ionic technology hydrates the cuticle and adds shine, while Ceramic coated barrel heats up faster and retains heat longer. Save time and money with this professional kit.
- Leave in barrel.
- Unique grip bristles for self-holding.
- Large vents for maximum airflow
- Extremely lightweight.
- Patented Perfect Locking System, gap-free connection.
- One-hand quick-release handle.
- 1 x 26mm barrel
- 1 x 36mm barrel
- 1 x 46mm barrel
- 1 x 56mm barrel
- 1 x 66mm barrel
- 1 x handle with pick
Take payments quickly with the SumUp Air Contactless Card Reader. The Air Card Reader and the SumUp App are the perfect pairing to help you manage your mobile hairdressing business on the move.
- Transparent – You only pay a 1.69% fee per transaction.
- No additional costs. Credits are directly transferred to your bank account.
- Easy – Create your profile for free in just a few minutes. 100% online registration.
- Secure – SumUp is an authorized payment institution that complies with the highest security standards.
If you’re thinking about becoming a freelancer, check out our in-depth guide on going freelance as a hairdresser.
Discover the Salons Direct blog, your trusted source for industry news, product releases, how-to guides and more!