Top Tips for running a Successful Salon:
1. Surround yourself with positive people and keep negativity out of your life – it is amazing how much money you can earn when you love what you do.
2. Under promise and over deliver with your clients.
3. Be organised.
4. Take pride in your appearance and in the appearance of your salon.
5. Compliment people, staff and clients sincerely.
6. Treat everyone who walks in your door as a potential client.
7. Don’t worry about lack of money – instead work on making money.
8. Be open to new and innovative ideas.
9. Be completely honest and ethical in every dealing you have.
10. Take time to relax and recharge your batteries.
How to spot great therapists when hiring staff:
1. They smile and have a sense of humour.
2. They are naturally friendly and are always polite.
3. They wear your company uniform with pride and perfection.
4. They ask clients what they want and take their budget into consideration.
5. They offer an opinion and give recommendations.
6. And, most importantly, they ask for the sale!
How to motivate top therapists
1. Be motivated yourself
2. Select people who are highly motivated
3. Set realistic and challenging targets
4. Remember that progress motivates
5. Provide fair rewards
6. Give praise and recognition when it is due
Unsure about Marketing your Salon?
Then look outside the industry for marketing ideas. If you focus on what you do, and on what your competitors do, businesses within the sector start to look the same to the potential client. However, if you look outside the industry you may discover a world of marketing tools and ideas that would work wonderfully for your business. Develop the ability to look from the outside in at your business, instead of from the inside out (like a goldfish!).
Start a ‘marketing ideas box’ today. Collect advertisements out of newspapers and magazines, collect junk mail, brochures, and sample promotions that catch your eye. If you buy something based on an advertisement or direct mail you received keep it, because if it worked on you, perhaps it can also work for you.
Whenever you are stuck for an idea, look in the box and you will find an advertisement that will suit perfectly.
Budget and Cash flow in your Salon
Take a realistic approach to budgeting. Don’t plan for the best possible scenario, plan for the worst. If everything turns out better than expected, you will just end up with more money in the bank. A common mistake in running a salon is poor planning and unrealistic expectations in terms of income and expenses. From my experience the 3 most common errors are:
1. Under estimating costs
2. Over estimating how much money will come in
3. Failure to recognize that money will be slower to come in than expected
To get started with sales, simply know your features and benefits of every service on your brochure and every product on your shelves. Features tell and benefits sell! A feature is a characteristic of a product or service, the benefit is what that feature does for them. Always talk benefits – why else should they buy? Always be confident in explaining a feature and benefit to your clients. They will create interest and encourage them to buy.
High Sales = Business Success
Low Sales = Business Failure
So GET SELLING!!
Find this useful? Click here for more Salon Management tips.