Have you heard of Pulp Riot? If not, it’s time you did!
Pulp Riot is designed for hair artists to create stunning vivid colours without damaging the hair. Formulated from high quality vegan ingredients, the conditioning base leaves hair in beautiful condition with intense pigment, high shine and long-lasting results.
Perfect for nailing that exact shade your client loves, whether it’s a soft pastel pink or bold platinum blonde, Pulp Riot’s High Speed Toners are an essential part of any hair artist’s kit!
If you are new to Pulp Riot Toners, find out how to use them below…
What are Pulp Riot High Speed Toners?
Pulp Riot is known for creating the most vibrant and pigmented hair colours for artists – and, Pulp Riot High Speed Toners are no different!
Available in a choice of fashion shades to both correct and create hair colour to perfection, they work in just a matter of minutes, nourishing the hair while depositing intense colour pigment.
How to Use Pulp Riot High Speed Toners…
Pulp Riot High Speed toners are incredibly easy to use in the salon. Simply mix to required ratio, apply to hair and allow to develop before rinsing out:
- Mix 1 part colour to 2 parts developer (1:2) in a non-metallic bowl
- For a more subtle effect, increase developer ratio to 1:3 or 1:4
- Use either 6 or 10 volume depending on lightness of the hair
- Apply toner to dry or damp hair at the shampoo bowl
- Leave on for 2 – 20 minutes depending on desired intensity
- Shampoo the toner out of the hair when ready
- Either continue to condition, dry and style hair, or apply Pulp Riot Colour on top
Do You Mix Pulp Riot Toner With a Developer?
Pulp Riot toners should be mixed with either Pulp Riot Superior Scalp Developer 10 Volume or Pulp Riot Superior Scalp Developer 6 Volume. When working with lighter and finer hair, 6 volume is preferred.
What Colour Pulp Riot Toners Should You Use?
There are currently 6 shades of Pulp Riot toner available:
- Icy – blue/violet base for achieving platinum on pre-lightened blonde.
- Violet – violet base to neutralising yellow tones. Process longer to achieve visible pastel violet tone.
- Silver – blue base for achieving silver platinum on pre-lightened blondes. Process longer for deeper silver tone
- Natural – violet base for a sunkissed tone with a balanced reflection of cool and subtle warmth
- Rose Gold – red & gold base for pre-lightened blondes. A longer process time results in a deeper rose gold tone.
- Ash – olive base for neutralising warm tones and creating beautiful ash blondes
Each tube is 90ml, so you can get multiple uses out of each one.
Can You Mix Pulp Riot Toners?
Yes! Pulp Riot is designed for artists, so every shade toner is intermixable allowing you to create a custom hue that is as unique as your client is.
Once the toner has finished working, you can continue to create further colour effects by applying Pulp Riot Semi-Permanent Hair Colour on top – or, simply let the toner do the talkin’!
Should Pulp Riot Toners Be Used on Dry or Damp Hair?
You can use Pulp Riot toners on either dry or damp hair – the choice is yours.
When Should Pulp Riot Toners Be Used?
They can be used to balance out unwanted yellow and warm tones, or to create unique fashion shades.
How Long Do You Leave Pulp Riot Toner On?
Pulp Riot toners are high speed and progressive, so you can see results in just 5 minutes! However, you can leave Pulp Riot toners on anywhere up to 20 minutes, depending on how deep you want the tone. You can even watch the tones progress before your eyes!
You can buy Pulp Riot High Speed Toners online now at Salons Direct!
More from Pulp Riot on the Salons Direct blog…