Darren Bain, HOB Salons creative team member and HOB Academy Educator was nominated for London Hairdresser of the year in the 2014 HJ’s British Hairdresser of the Year Awards. We caught up with him to ask him a few quick fire questions!
1. Congratulations on being nominated for the London Hairdresser of the year this year! What has your greatest achievement in hairdressing been?
It would have to be winning this title in 2010.
2. You worked as a hairstylist at London Fashion Week – what do you predict the biggest spring/summer trends to be?
SS15 will be all about your inner self, keeping the hair naked and more undone. The key to getting the right look this season is to start by loving yourself!
3. What is the best piece of advice you have been given?
I am always doing things I cannot do. This is how I get to do them, you have to challenge yourself.
4. You have worked with various celebrity clients. Have you got any funny stories you can share with us?
I still have a brush with Kate Moss’ hair on it from 20 years ago!
5. What do you enjoy most about your work?
Teaching and sharing my creativity. Giving is receiving.
Share this with your friends using the social buttons below..