As a professional stylist, you’ll find yourself working with many different hair types, hair textures and hair colours daily. Your client’s hair condition will inevitably influence how you work with your client and what you can achieve during their appointment. Here, we’ll be sharing our expert picks on the very best shampoo and conditioner to use on clients with dry hair.
Working with clients with dry hair
Your client may have naturally dry hair, which is very common in clients with textured hair. If you’re keen to learn more about this hair type, check out our expert styling tips and product recommendations in our spotlight on afro-textured hair. Alternatively, if your client has overprocessed their hair through frequent heat styling or overusing at-home hair colourant, or bleach, their hair will be in desperate need of hydration and moisture packing back into every strand.
The key signs of dry, damaged hair
- Visible split ends.
- Dullness, hair has no shine.
- Hair easily breaks and has visibly snapped off in areas.
- Hair lacks oomph and volume.
- Hair falls out easily.
The Best Shampoo And Conditioner For Client’s With Dry Hair
Dry hair is more susceptible to breakage, which causes visible damage such as split ends and frizz. In some cases, this damage cannot be reversed with products alone and will need the damaged hair to be removed with a haircut or trim. Discover our recommendations below on the best in-salon products to use on clients with dry hair.
- Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo 2L
- Olaplex No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner 2L
- Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo 1L
- L’Oreal Serie Expert Absolut Repair Shampoo 1500ml
- L’Oreal Serie Expert Absolut Repair Conditioner 750ml
- Moroccan Gold Series Argan Salt-Free Shampoo 1000ml
- Redken Extreme Shampoo 1000ml
- Redken Extreme Conditioner 1000ml
- Pureology Hydrate Sheer Shampoo 1L
- Pureology Hydrate Sheer Conditioner 1L
- Biolage HydraSource Shampoo 1Litre
- Biolage HydraSource Conditioner 1Litre
Help to protect and repair your client’s dry hair with the Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo 2L. This innovative product repairs damaged hair split ends and frizz by re-linking broken bonds.
- Repairs and maintains bonds within the hair.
- Eliminates frizz and flyaways.
- Reduces breakage.
Retail this hero product to clients with the Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo 250ml
This highly moisturising, reparative conditioner is suitable for all hair types and will leave dry, damaged hair easy to manage, shiny and visibly healthier with each use.
- Repairs hair and maintains bonds within the hair.
- Colour safe.
- Strengthens hair.
Also available in 250ml to retail to clients: Olaplex No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner 250ml
Suitable for all hair types and textures, the Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo 1L features Citric Acid, an alpha hydroxy acid within our concentrated bonding care complex that conditions to help protect weak bonds and helps to improve hairs strength after a bleach or colour services.
- Up to 56% less breakage when used as a system of Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo and Conditioner vs non-conditioning shampoo.
- Up to 76% of split ends appear reduced when used as a system of Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment vs classic shampoo on bleached hair.
- Up to 11x smoother hair when used as a system of Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment.
- Suitable for all hair types and textures.
Also available to retail to clients: Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo 300ml
Help to smoothen, soften and de-frizz your client’s hair with the L’Oreal Serie Expert Absolut Repair Shampoo. Formulated with Wheat Protein and Gold Quinoa extract, this lightweight shampoo will pack the nutrients back into your client’s hair.
- Up to 77% fewer surface damages when using the shampoo+Instant Resurfacing Masque after 5 applications.
- Up to 7x shinier hair when using the Shampoo+Instant Resurfacing Masque.
Also available to retail to clients: L’Oreal Serie Expert Absolut Repair Shampoo 300ml
Enhance the work of the L’Oreal Serie Expert Absolut Repair Shampoo with the complimentary conditioner.
Enriched with argan oil, the Moroccan Gold Series Argan Salt-Free Shampoo 1000ml helps moisturise and nourish dry hair and repair and strengthen damaged hair.
- It thoroughly cleans hair of excess dirt and oils.
- It supports healthy, hydrated hair and reduces split ends and other hair damage.
- Enhanced by omegas 6 and 9, Vitamin E, CoQ10, Melatonin and Plant Sterols.
Pack the protein back into dry, damaged hair with the Redken Extreme Shampoo 1000ml. It is formulated with Redken’s Strength Complex, which contains Amino Acids and Arginine to strengthen and fortify the hair and Citric Acid to condition and add smoothness.
- Cleanses strengthens hair and restores shine.
- It helps fortify weakened areas of the hair.
The complimentary conditioner protects shine, repairs damaged hair and leaves it supple and shiny.
- Detangles, smoothens, and strengthens hair.
- It helps fortify weakened hair areas.
- Leaves hair supple and extra shiny.
The Best Shampoo And Conditioners For Dry, Fine Hair
Hydrate fine hair without weighing it down with the Pureology Hydrate Sheer Shampoo 1L. Key ingredients Jojoba, Green Tea, and Sage and a signature aromatherapy blend of Lavender, Bergamot and Patchouli help to make for a refreshing experience.
- Provide superior moisture, touchable softness and extraordinary colour protection for fine hair.
- 100% Vegan Formula.
Interested in what you’ve read about the Pureology Hydrate Sheer shampoo? Choose the complimentary conditioner to double up on damage repair and restoration.
Gently cleanse dry, damaged hair with the Biolage HydraSource Shampoo 1Litre. Inspired by the hydrating aloe plant, this moisture-balancing shampoo will help your client’s hair get back on track to optimum softness and shininess.
The Biolage HydraSource Conditioner 1Litre for dehydrated hair helps balance and restore hair to reveal conditioned, healthy-looking hair. Conditions to help envelop and smooth dry, thick, coarse hair.
Time for more from Salons Direct? Why Salon Shampoos Are Better | Our best salon shampoos for clients with blonde hair | The best purple shampoo