Are you looking for quick and easy ways to clean and maintain your makeup brushes and beauty sponges? As a professional makeup artist, your work will always look flawless when you lay down the products with professional makeup brushes and tools. In this article, the STYLPRO team are sharing the best STYLPRO tools that every makeup artist needs in their kit to save them time.
How often should you clean your makeup brushes?
As a professional makeup artist, we know that you’ll be washing your makeup brushes after every use to ensure that your equipment is hygienic and bacteria-free ready for your next client.
And whilst you know the importance of cleaning your brushes, sponges and tools, it is also essential to educate your clients on cleaning their makeup brushes regularly. We are all guilty of leaving it too long, but makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria causing spots, irritating skin and worsening wrinkles. Traditional methods are messy and time-consuming, leaving your brushes wet and unusable for hours.
A study found 34% of makeup brushes contained more bacteria than the average toilet brush!* and 44% of women have never washed their brushes, ever!
Introducing the STYLPRO Original Brush Cleaner and Dryer
After winning the BBC’s The Apprentice in 2011, Lord Sugar invested £250,000 in Tom Pellereau’s dream to make beauty effortless. With a mission to create products that solve real people’s issues, Tom created the STYLPRO Original Brush Cleaner and Dryer when he heard from a makeup artist that cleaning makeup brushes is essential to avoid the build-up of bacteria; however, drying them is always a chore.
Created with Centrifugal technology to remove makeup, dirt, and bacteria on brushes, this handy tool also dries your professional makeup brushes in just 30 seconds to be ready for use immediately. This timesaving tool is ideal for professional makeup artists with only a short amount of time between clients, especially during party season.
The StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer is essentially an automatic ‘washing machine’ for makeup brushes, designed to clean and dry all brush types in 30 seconds, leaving your makeup brushes clean and ready to use straight away. It features eight silicone collars or ‘hoods’ specially designed to hold any brush handle between 5-30mm in diameter.
The kit includes:
- 8 x flexible silicone collars (30mm, 24mm, 19mm, 15mm, 11mm, 9mm, 7mm, 5mm).
- Collar stand.
- StylPro devise.
- 2 x AAA batteries.
- StylPro Bowl and Bowl Neck.
- 2 x 10ml StylPro Makeup brush cleanser sachets.
How to use the STYLPRO Original Brush Cleaner and Dryer
- Select a collar to fit your makeup brush.
- Attach the brush to the STYLPRO device.
- Add STYLPRO Vegan Cleaner to the STYLPRO STYLPRO bowl (DO NOT add water).
- Gently dunk your brush in and out of the STYLPRO Vegan Cleanser.
- Turn on the STYLPRO device and spin the makeup brush cleaner in the bowl for 10 seconds.
- Lift the brush above the cleanser and spin dry for 10 seconds (please make sure you keep the brush inside the bowl when drying).
Use the STYLPRO Brush Cleaner with the STYLPRO Vegan Makeup Brush Cleanser for the best results. This gentle yet highly effective formula will remove oil-based products and cut through stubborn cosmetics whilst nourishing and gently conditioning the brush bristles, leaving them silky, smooth and protected.
Use neat, do not mix with water.
- Registered by the Vegan society.
- Oil and fragrance-FREE.
- Alcohol, Paraben and Sulphate FREE.
- Wheatgerm, Grapeseed and Argan oils.
When did you last clean your Beauty sponge?
Do you use a makeup sponge? Beauty sponges offer a smooth, even finish to makeup and, as a result, almost 12 million sponges were sold in the UK last year, so if you’ve got one in your makeup kit, you’re in good company.
We don’t want to gross you out, but one research paper looked at just how grubby makeup sponges were and found that the sponges they looked at had more than 1,000,000 bacteria colonies on each one! (To put that in context, when beauty products — such as foundations and powders — are tested to check that they’re safe for sale, the maximum allowed is 1,000, so those sponges are ONE THOUSAND times more bug-ridden than the legal limit!)
Changing The Game For Cleaning Makeup Sponges: STYLPRO Squeeze Makeup Sponge Cleaner
Makeup sponges are so hard to clean. Experts recommend throwing away your sponge every 2-3 months, leading to 300 million sponges ending in landfills last year. Instead, we recommend using The STYLPRO Vegan Sponge Sparkle to deep clean your sponge and use it for longer.
The STYLPRO Squeeze Makeup Sponge Cleaner deep cleans your sponges in 1 minute, squeezing and spinning them until they sparkle.
The Squeeze combines our specially made sponge cleanser and recently boiled water to clean your sponges of bacteria, makeup and dirt, leaving them ready to use instantly. Use the STYLPRO Squeeze with the STYLPRO Sponge Sparkle Vegan Cleanser for best results.
The STYLPRO Vegan Sponge Sparkle Cleanser was designed to delve into the deepest layers of your sponge, cutting through the oils and powders to restore your sponge to its former self. It also helps to reduce the bacteria found in makeup sponges, helping to prevent acne, skin infections, and even viral illnesses caused by these bacteria.
- Your sponges will last longer, saving you money instead of replacing them every few months.
- Sponge Sparkle Cleanser removes long-stay foundation easily and faster than hand soap. The Press device squeezes your sponges five times harder than your hands can.
- The Squeeze reduces the water, energy, and time used when cleaning sponges.
How to use STYLPRO squeeze:
- Dampen the sponge and place it in the bowl.
- Soak your dirty makeup sponge in 20ml of Vegan Sponge Sparkle Cleanser.
- For best results, massage cleanser in using the press.
- Carefully fill the bowl to the fill line, with recently boiled water.
- Push the button on the press, pull the handle up and lock the press open.
- Knead the makeup sponge a few times against the bowl base using the open press.
- For best results, wait 60 seconds. Scoop up the makeup sponge with the press, push the button and carefully squeeze it closed.
Soak the sponge in some Sponge Sparkle, and then combine with boiling water before using the Squeeze to spin the sparkle back into your sponge.
@stylpro_uk Wash your makeup sponge in under 60 seconds with the STYLPRO Squeeze😍 #fyp #stylpro #stylprosqueeze #makeuphacks #beautyhacks ♬ original sound – STYLPRO
Discover more from Salons Direct: Casmara Peel-Off Masks: Everything You Need To Know About The New Jelly Facial Trend | 35 Memes Every Beauty Therapist Will Relate To | How To Create The Full Russian Lash Look On Your Clients