We bet you’ve never been able to attend a friend’s wedding, purely as a guest without being called to hair styling duty and we reckon it takes you over 6 months to get your own hair cut or coloured. Sound familiar? Here we present you with 10 reasons to remind you (if you didn’t already know) that you work in a salon.
10. A plate of mouth watering food has just been placed in front of you, out of the corner of your eye, you spot a hair in your mash potato. You know you work in a salon because you don’t send the dish back, what’s just another hair in your life?
9. You spend hours upon hours attending to your clients’ grown out roots and split ends so why has it taken you 8 months to have your own hair done? Because you work in a salon.
8. With the elegantly designed invite to your friends wedding comes an extra invitation…to style their hair. You know you work in a salon when you haven’t attended a friend’s wedding, purely as a guest.
7. Up on your feet all day stooped over various barnets, the soles of your feet start to heat up hotter than the hairdryer, you know you work in a salon when going to the loo feels like a break.
6. Transforming your clients naturally brunette tresses into a golden cascade of luscious locks has taken its toll on your black clothes. Ever find yourself reaching for a black marker pen to cover the bleach stains? Sounds strangely familiar because you work in a salon.
5. The formula for the fiery, copper red head and the peroxide balance for the honey blonde, you know you work in a salon when you remember your clients by their hair colour formula.
4. You know you work in a salon when it comes to packing a suitcase, your baggage allowance is hugely dictated by hair products as opposed to clothes.
3. Some are fruity, some more metallic tasting and you probably swallow half a litre of hairspray, you know you work in a salon when you know the taste of different hair sprays.
2. Finally a day to yourself, not getting involved with any strands of hair, playing with peroxide or getting experimental with the scissors. You know you work in a salon when you think you have the day off…and your friend calls you to do their hair.
1. Speed is your superpower, it confirms that you work in a salon when you can eat your lunch, check your email, text 3 clients, return 2 phone calls, go to the toilet and have a cigarette… in less than 7 minutes.