Blonde hair trends are shifting and it’s time for you to tackle them. Here, the Redken team explain how to achieve the perfect ‘Greige’ hair colour.
Over the past year, there has been a shift in client demand for icy, ultra-cool blonde tones to balanced, luminous and natural finishes. Searches for ‘Ash Gold’ on Google have risen by +45% in the last 12 months with clients looking to embrace golden tones to enhance their balayage blends for long-lasting Greige tones.
Move over icy and cold, it’s time for a new Shades EQ Bonder Inside Ash Gold.
Healthy hair remains a #1 Priority for clients across the board who come in for a colour treatment – especially blonde clients. With the help of Shades EQ Bonder Inside’s all-in-one bond and tone technology, you can help your clients achieve an Insta-worthy glossy finish by reducing hair alkalinity.
What Is Greige Hair Colour?
Greige is a combination of beige and grey tones, creating a balance of blondes tones with a smoky finish. Achieve these trending tones for your clients with the NEW reflect family from Shades EQ Bonder Inside.
Achieve a perfect balance of cool ash and warm gold reflects for a luminous beige base with the NEW Shades EQ Bonder Inside Ash Gold family from Redken. Available in 3 levels:
To help you perfect every bronde or blonde blend with smoky, creamy blonde tones. Time is of the essence in the salon, with Redken’s 3 new pre-mixed shades, you can save time on formulating, mixing and no step 2 to complete your bonding service.
Get The Look: Greige Reverse Balayage
Want to offer your clients the latest colour trends & techniques? Learn how to achieve a seamless Griege Reverse Balayage with NEW Shades EQ Bonder Inside. This is the bleach-free service to help your clients achieve the blonde blend of their dreams.
Starting with Level 4 at Zone 1 with existing balayage highlights on zones 2 and 3.
Root Smudge Formula:
- 45ml Shades EQ Gloss 04M Smoked Cedar
- 45ml Shades EQ Gloss Processing Solution
Gloss Formula A:
Gloss Formula B:
Step 1: Sectioning
- Separate the left from the right by creating a parting from the front middle hairline, through the high point of the head to the centre of the nape.
- Separate the front from the back by parting the hair from the high point of the head to the top of the ear. Repeat on the opposite side.
Step 2: Application
- Outline sections with Root Smudge Formula. Starting on the right side, apply Root Smudge Formula using ¼” sections. Complete entire head, all quadrants.
- Taking diagonal back ½ inch slices, melt the Root Smudge into mid-lengths and then apply alternating Gloss formulas on the rest of Zones 2 and 3. Alternate formula the two Gloss Formulas with each ½ inch slice, making sure to fully saturate. Process at room temperature for 20 minutes. Rinse, shampoo and condition with Acidic Bonding Concentrate.
Top Tips From Redken
- Trust the process. Shades EQ can appear dark when developing because the formula is made up of a combination of Direct and Oxidative Dyes. Even if the colour looks scary and ‘too dark’ trust in the process and leave Shades EQ to develop for the full 20 minutes.
- Always remember to perform an Allergy Alert Test before application.
- Always mix Shades EQ Bonder Inside with Shades EQ Gloss Processing Solution or Shades EQ Gloss to Gel Developer in a 1:1 ratio.
Who is Shades EQ Bonder for?
Shades EQ Bonder Inside can be used for all hair types and textures. It is a premium range specialized for clients with sensitized hair.
Can you mix Shades EQ and Shades EQ bonder inside together?
Yes, you can mix the two technologies together, however, the bonding effect will be diminished.
Should I use an additive with shades EQ bonder inside?
Given Shades EQ Bonder Inside contains a built-in bonding agent, additional bonding additives are not necessary.
Can I mix the Ash Gold shapes with the Shades EQ Bonder Inside 000 Crystal Clear?
What the professionals say:
“The new Shades EQ Bonder Inside Ash Gold range is phenomenal! Super rich in pigment, works a dream when wanting an iridescent finish to shadow roots! My favourite shadow formula is 07AG & 07N 1:1, smokey, good coverage and very natural”
– Vicki Hoskin @vikiscissorhands
“I absolutely adore the new Shades EQ Bonder Inside Ash Gold greige tones, they are the perfect balance of cool tone and pair beautifully with all my favourite formulas.”
– Carla-Rose @carlarosehair @thespacehairsoulbeauty
Time for more from Salons Direct?