Microneedling is an excellent treatment for your clients to add into their routine if they want to improve skin issues such as pigmentation, sun damage, acne scarring and fine lines and wrinkles. Here, the team at Flexi Skin share everything you need to know about the benefits of micro-needling as well as a handy step by step on using the Flexi Microneedler.
The Benefits Of Microneedling with Flexi Skin
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling promotes skin repair and renewal by creating tiny micro-punctures in the skin’s epidermis (don’t worry, they’re invisible, and the treatment feels like a very mild scratching!), which then speeds up the process of the skin renewing itself. This also enhances the effectiveness of your favourite serums and oils, allowing them to penetrate at a deeper level.
The 0.25mm Flexi Microneedler is entirely safe, very easy for your clients to use at home and was developed after the success of our Microneedling facials in Flexi Skin’s London Spa. The Microneedler acts as a fantastic add-on sale to many of your existing skincare products. It works incredibly well with serums and moisturisers, for example, a Hyaluronic Acid, by allowing the serum to reach a deeper level of the skin’s dermis.
How to use the Flexi Skin Microneedler for facials
If your salon offers Microneedling facials, The Microneedler then acts as a great ‘at-home’ tool and will increase the effectiveness of Salon treatments, by allowing your clients to continue the results at home, whilst still coming in for Microneedling facials ‘ in salon’ where deeper needles will be used.
- Stimulates natural healing response by creating tiny micro-channels in the skin.
- Tackles acne scarring, pigmentation and fine lines.
- Active ingredients of skincare reach the deeper layers of the skin, increasing the effectiveness.
- Painless, and no downtime!
- Reduces fine lines, scars sun damage and pigmentation.
- 25mm Microneedler is safe for home use and painless.
- The use of the tool allows for enhanced absorption of serums and moisturisers.
Retailing the Flexi Skin Microneedler in-salon
If you want to retail the Flexi Skin Microneedler to your clients, we recommend taking them through this step-by-step guide ahead of them trying the tool out. Encourage your client to start by using the Microneedler 1-2x a week until their skin gets used to the treatment, and then build up to 3x a week.
Step One: After cleansing skin in the evening, roll back and forth in a cross-hatch motion on each targeted area, lifting as you change direction.
Step Two: Target problem areas and remember to avoid the delicate eye area and lips
Step Three: Use light pressure, holding your finger on the back of the Microneedler to control the pressure.
Step Four: Use for around 2 minutes, after which skin will appear pink and slightly flushed.
Step Five: Immediately after use apply your favourite serum or moisturiser as micro-channels are open at this point, and this allows better absorption of the active ingredients.
Important information to inform customers
- Must be cleaned with Surgical Spirit after each use.
- Do not use Retinol, Vitamin C, Benzoyl peroxide or AHA directly after use, as these may cause irritation.
- Do not use it on broken skin.
- Not suitable for active acne.
- Made from titanium.
- Can not be shared between customers.
- If used regularly ( 3x a week ) the needles will become blunt, and the tool should be replaced every 3 months or so.
Time for more?