At Salons Direct, we’re always keeping an eye on the latest beauty trends – and this year is no different. We all know that in the beauty industry, trends evolve quickly, and if you don’t keep up – you might be missing out on a big opportunity for your salon.
That’s why we’re here today to help shed some light on what’s hot right now, along with what professional spa treatments you could offer that would bring your salon to the next level.
So what are the most popular spa treatments that are trending in 2021? Read on to find out what they are along with some great products to help you slay in the salon…
When it comes to massages, it may feel like there’s an infinite amount of different types you can offer – so how do know which ones the clients want? we’re here to help.
Hot Stone treatments
The first treatment rising in popularity is hot stone therapy. Hot stone treatments have been around for a while, but we’re seeing a sharp increase in demand this year.
If your client desperately needs some TLC, a hot stone therapy session is the perfect massage treatment to recommend. Hot stone treatments are done at the hands of a spa specialist, as there are particular techniques included in this therapy that require professional expertise.
The therapy consists of the practitioner using specialised smooth and flat basalt stones, as they are super rich in iron and perfect for retaining the heat needed for the treatment. The basalt stones are then placed throughout the client’s body to relieve tension, including places such as the spinal area, the palms, face, neck, legs, and in between the toes.
Key benefits of hot stone massage therapy include:
- Helps to boost natural immunity.
- Proven to improve sleep quality.
- It may help to relieve the symptoms of clients who suffer certain autoimmune diseases and cancers.
- Helps to decrease muscle spasms and tension.
- Helps to decrease muscle pain.
- Works to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Works to increase overall joint flexibility.
- Promotes relaxation.
Here are a couple of fantastic professional equipment kits that will allow you to offer the best hot stone therapy treatments:
Hot Stone Standard Intro Kit
The Hot Stone Standard Intro Kit has everything you need to start offering hot stone therapy treatments.
The Hot Stone Basic Intro Kit is perfect for salons who have only just expanded their treatment list to include hot stone therapy, as it contains all the tools necessary to create an amazing experience for clients.
The full kit includes:
- 6L fully-equipped hot stone therapy heater.
- 36 hot therapy stones in total.
- 8 large basalt stones.
- 14 medium flat oval stones.
- 6 small flat oval stones.
- 8 toe stones.
- Handmade natural bamboo box included for professional storage.
Hot Stone Deluxe Kit
If you already offer this treatment or you’re looking to upgrade your current equipment, the Hot Stone Deluxe Kit is the perfect solution. The Hot Stone Deluxe Kit is made to a premium standard, perfect for salon use.
Key benefits of the Hot Stone Deluxe Kit include:
- Promotes wellbeing, relaxation, and harmony within the body.
- Large handmade natural bamboo box for professional storage included.
- 18L fully-equipped hot stone therapy heater.
- 64 hot therapy stones in total.
- 2 extra-large basalt stones.
- 14 large flat oval basalt stones.
- 14 medium flat oval basalt stones.
- 7 small flat oval basalt stones.
- 2 specially contoured oval facial stones.
- 4 miniature pressure point basalt/deep tissue stones.
- 8 specially designed toe stones.
- 7 chakra stones to promote connection and balance in the body.
- 6 small oval white marble stones – specially designed for cool therapy.
Next up, another ultra-popular massage treatment in salons this year is aromatherapy – also known as the Swedish massage.
Aromatherapy is one the most popular massage treatments, most well known for using essential oils to increase relaxation. Aromatherapy can only be done by a trained professional, utilising different scented essential oils to suit the individual preference and requirements of the client.
Key benefits to aromatherapy include:
- Can help to manage pain.
- Has proven to be effective in alleviating the side effects of chemotherapy.
- Promotes deep relaxation and calmness.
- Can help to improve sleep quality.
- Has proven to help ease discomfort for women who have had recent labour.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Reduces built-up feelings of frustration and agitation.
- Can help to relieve joint pain.
- Essential oils promote feelings of energy, rejuvenation, and vitality.
- Proven to help relieve pressure from headaches and migraines.
So what essential oils do you need? At Salons Direct, we offer the best range for massage therapy treatments – including the L’aroma Essential Oils Range.
This professional product line is a game-changer in the massage and beauty therapy industry, used by beauty and spa specialists all over the UK. The range includes both carrier oils and essential oils, containing only high-quality natural ingredients.
Each professional product has different strengths, scents, and capabilities. From combating muscular fatigue to the full revitalisation skin – check out the full range at Salons Direct here.
Lotus Massage Cream
Anything by Lotus is great, but if you want a new go-to for massage treatments – Lotus Massage Cream will do the trick every time.
If you’re not a fan of working with oils, the Lotus Massage Cream is a fantastic alternative. It will provide you with all the movement and glide action that oils do, but with a luxurious cream consistency instead.
Ear candle treatments
Ear candle treatments are an alternative medicine that is practiced by beauty professionals. This treatment is specially designed so that the heat from the candle acts as a gentle suction, used to draw out any excess wax, impurities, or any other unwanted substances from the ear.
The full treatment usually takes no longer than 10-20 minutes and has many potential benefits. These include:
- The removal of unwanted wax and other impurities.
- Potential to relieve symptoms of sinus infections.
- Can improve hearing loss caused by ear wax build-up.
- Can improve lymphatic circulation.
- Reduces tension and stress from the body.
- Potential to relieve vertigo symptoms.
Fragranced Ear Candles
The Fragranced Ear Candle kit consists of five salon standard ear candles, which include a variety of different scents. The full Fragranced Ear Wax Candles kit comes in the perfect size for treatments, which is 0.68cm x 24cm. The full set includes a variety of beautiful scents, which include:
- 1 x Corn Mint
- 1 x Rosemary
- 1 x Lavender
- 1 x Sandalwood
- 1 x Rose
Last but not least, we have body wraps. This treatment contains many different varieties, but the body wrap treatments that are rising in popularity this year are slimming and/or contouring body wraps.
Body wraps are the quickest and easiest way to get your clients to leave your salon looking and feeling brand new. The treatment is designed to significantly improve the appearance and overall texture of the skin, whilst also hosting a range of holistic health benefits.
Of course, benefits will depend on the type of body wrap being offered, however, the general benefits to this beauty treatment include:
- Body contouring.
- Overall skin softening.
- Improves the texture of the skin.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Helps to heal and prevent premature ageing of the skin.
- Overall boost to the lymphatic and metabolic system.
- Promotes healthy weight loss.
- Skin tightening.
- Skin rejuvenation.
- Overall detox for the body.
With all those benefits to body wrap treatments, it’s no secret as to why they are rising in popularity. So what do you need to start offering this fantastic beauty treatment? We’ve got you covered.
Strictly Professional Body Contour Wrap Total Treatment Kit
The Strictly Professional Body Contour Wrap Total Treatment Kit is all you’ll ever need if you’re thinking about offering body wrap treatments in your salon.
This kit contains a fantastic combination of using the technique bandage compression, which is then accompanied by the use of a specially formulated gel for amazing results.This is a professional kit you can count on for all of your body wrap treatments, as all wraps and bandages are washable and reusable.
The professional formulated gel contains a unique blend of plant extracts, alovera leaf juice, and also essential oils – which are are specially designed to activate from the thermal response of the bandage wrap technique.
Key features and benefits of the Strictly Professional Body Contour Wrap Total Treatment Kit include:
- 1 x 1 Litre Contour Gel
- 12 x 3m Bandages
- 1 x 150ml Body Cellulite Cream
- 1 x 450ml Body Contour Scrub
- 1 x Tape Measure
- 1 x Pack of 50 Client Record Cards
- Step by step instructions
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite.
- Easy to use.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Can be used to treat the full body or just certain areas.
- Trusted by professionals.
- No electrical equipment needed for this treatment.
- A highly profitable treatment for salons.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed discovering the spa treatments that are taking the industry by storm in 2021. Don’t forget to check out the Salons Direct website for everything you need to get started with offering these treatments in your salon.