The lead up to Christmas and the new year is undoubtedly an extremely busy time period – salons become a hive of activity awash with clients wanting to look their very best during the heightened fever of the Autumn/Winter party season.
As a salon owner, there is no better time to latch on to this great retail opportunity to boost your takings as both new and existing clients start pouring into your salon for their pre-Christmas party treatments and services.
With this in mind, it’s important to make sure that you not only plan your retail strategy effectively, but also execute it efficiently by stocking up on the most popular Christmas gift sets to ensure that you don’t miss out on this profit-boosting opportunity.
5 ways to merchandise your Christmas retail stock…
We have already touched upon how effective salon merchandising can help boost retail sales and the same strategies also apply at Christmas.
1. Create a designated Christmas retail area separate from your regular merchandising area if possible, as you don’t want to overwhelm clients with too much ‘Christmas’ as they step into your salon – Be mindful that some clients may be coming in to escape it.
2. Make sure you have enough stock to last you the season. Gift packs tend to sell out quite quickly from suppliers, and you don’t want to end up with a sparse looking retail area by December, missing out on those last minute sales.
3. We recommend having your gift packs on display in your window to capture passing trade. Make your display look appealing and festive, and you’ll be surprised how many walk-ins you could get with people popping in to pick up last minute presents.
4. If you are having a Christmas event in the salon, put on some drinks & nibbles, and encourage clients to bring along friends too. You can take this opportunity to sell gift vouchers for treatments and services, as well as showing off the Christmas product ranges you have on offer.
We have a blog post on how to hold a client event which will give you some further advice.
5. When putting together products to retail as a set or selling ready-made Christmas gift packs, remember to stock gifts at different price levels. As a guide, £15 is a good price for stocking filler presents, £30 for larger gift sets, and £50 is a good price for more extravagant sets.
Looking for the perfect gift packs to delight your clients?
We stock a fabulous range of Christmas salon gift sets for you to add to your retail area. With something for all budgets and with stand-out packaging, why not try boosting your retail revenue with some of these bestselling gift packs…
TIGI gift sets are hugely popular, as they give clients salon standard products to use at home. With options for both men and women, each set is targeted to create a specific look. The packaging will also look fantastic on your retail stands.
Who doesn’t love a little pampering at Christmas? Kaseo use naturally derived ingredients for their spa-worthy products, so clients can give the gift of a sumptuous at-home facial. These sets are great value and are among our bestsellers, giving you a great retail opportunity.
A firm favourite with almost every client for party season, Nails Inc are a best selling gift pack over Christmas. We have an array of gorgeous Nails Inc gift sets for you to stock your salon with, offering sparkles and stunning colours to brighten up any stocking, as well as your salon.
For over 40 years ORLY has been creating innovative formulations of nail colour and polish. These gift sets are beautifully packaged in reusable purses, offering a gorgeous at-home manicure in a handy set.
Looking for more salons tips for the Christmas and party season? Find more on our blog…